Glass Nail Files
The manufacture of the file or foot scraper starts with its rough surface. The rough surface is the main reason for buying such thing; that is the reason why it is the most important part of the manufacturing process. Qualities of the surface (e.g. roughness, lifetime and ability to grind down your nails) are given by the way of its manufacturing.
- This is the simplest and the most economical way of manufacturing. A smooth glass surface is roughen by blasting fine sand particles on it. Unfortunately, the result as well as the whole process are very cheap. When compared to the following methods, the surface created in this way has worse ability to grind and the lifetime is not very long. After some time of usage, it loses the ability to grind down the nails and you have to buy another one.
- This method is the most commonly used in creation of paper files which are suitable for the artificial nails treatment. Small-grained particles of some minerals are glued to a smooth glass which then serves as an abrasive. Disadvantage of a nail file produced with this method may be the fact that it is not suitable for all nails (it could be too rough for some of them). Using these nail files could be also messy because while you are using it, the particles of the minerals fall off the surface.
- Glass is immersed into the etching bath which creates unique abrasive structure. Outstanding quality; suitable for all kinds of natural nails. Great lifetime – it is more probable that these long-life nails would get broken or damaged than they would stop grinding properly. Unlike other kinds of productions, this type is more demanding which could be seen as disadvantage.
Because of its excellent qualities our company uses only etching as a method for manufacturing rough surfaces on our files. The foot scraper file has different roughness on each side. This effect is created by disrupting one side of it which is in the end more rough than the other. In the following photos you can see the difference between sandblasted and etched surface under the microscope.
The next step of the manufacturing process is a machining. Most probably, you have already seen a cut glass, e.g. flower vases, tea sets, luxurious chandeliers with beautiful patterns drawn to glass by diamond tools. The nail file is also only a pattern cut with a suitable tool into a desired shape.
- Traditional method is used for cutting the nail file in several steps using given patterns and templates. Handwork has also some disadvantages, e.g. imprecision and the overall quality of the processing. Each piece is more or less original.
- CNC automatic production
- In a single stroke, a computer driven tool will cut the final shape of the nail file. Cleanness, precision and great quality are guaranteed.
We went through the whole process – from the handwork to automatic production. But we are using both of these methods. Where someone sees imperfection, the other sees beauty. At the end of the process, the file is strenghtened, coloured and decorated, according to the customer's requirements and desires.